Monday 20 June 2011

Meeting Paddy.. Film4 Campaign

"Films for Life"- an epic Film 4 campaign, Directed by Kate Dunn featuring Paddy Considine and Vicky McClure.
Set in a post-apocalyptic world, where Paddy Considine may be the only survivor...
For this brief I wanted the costume to reflect on how you may live should you be the last survivor. I wanted to mix random elements with practical items. For example.. underneath Paddy's beaten Donkey Jacket and worn shirt he wore a vintage, and broken down "Hawaii" t-shirt- perhaps a nod to his pre-apocolipse life.
I also looked at customising the costume to add some of the characters personality. For this I collected objects such as a tin soldier, an old ship whistle, the frame of some Pincer glasses and old buttons. I then threaded and attached theses objects to the button holes of his jacket- as though Paddy had collected theses objects on his many journeys through the barren landscape.
Other details that I threw in included... leather pieces around his beaten boots, a vintage scarf for a bag strap and old potato sack cloth as a hand wrap..... I hope that you like the results.....







No comments:

Post a Comment